Saturday 21 April 2018

Wood and Water

It’s been a fantastic day with my TOG friends in Norfolk at Fairhaven, a water and garden park. The place is lovely, we had a short boat ride on the Broads, and the food was superb. It was great to catch up with people as well, although it seems sometimes like one long road trip as I met up with some of them recently in Lancashire and many of them will be in Devon in a couple of months.

The pub near the camp site, The Dog Inn, was a suitable venue for the 6 of us (including Amber the dog) who’re at the caravan site. The “live” music was OK, a decent singer doing mainly swing songs to a backing track. I’m not sure when he was booked to finish but there was only one couple left when we departed!

Tomorrow’s plans depend on the weather. Earlier the forecast suggested we’d be getting the thunder and rain other places have had tonight, but later the Met Office reckon a day of sunshine. If the latter is the case I’ll leave the ‘van on site and go for a walk down the river. The trip has confirmed one thing, I must get a bike rack sorted. The e-bike would be great tomorrow but it’s not much use in the shed at home. I’ve been considering the best approach to this as there are a few options but another campervan on site has a Thule rack on their towbar and I reckon that’s the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment