Monday 23 April 2018

Norfolk and Good

Today was basically the journey home from Norfolk. I called in at the town of Wymondham on the way for no reason other than I've never been there. It's a pleasant small town, the Abbey is fairly simple but has a lot of history. There is plenty of evidence of the original monastic building but what's extant is the old Parish church and tower.


The town Heritage Museum is also interesting, typical of such places with enthusiastic volunteers. It also has a coffee shop in the old Bridewell, the coffee was ordinary instant but the cake was homemade - at £2.60 for the lot it's great value!


Unfortunately without going a long way round I couldn't easily avoid the A1 roadworks near Cambridge. These will be running through to the end of 2020 and even on a good day are adding 15-20 minutes to journey times.


I've added a few jobs to the list, nothing major though. I think I've got this 'van about sorted as I want it now. I've finally, by combining some bits, got the satnav well mounted. I've got to check some of the curtain rail mounting screws though. I still think I can tweak some storage, I'll look at that next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment