Friday 20 April 2018

In the Workhouse

The first trip away this year is to the Norfolk Broads for a long weekend. This is partly a ”do” with friends (more on that tomorrow) but I’m taking the opportunity of a holiday. As I’d got the whole day I’d looked at the maps for something to do on the way. I came across Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse Museum. Basically it does what it says on the tin! There’s a mixture of rural equipment collections, the Workhouse displays and a working farm. I probably didn’t learn much I didn’t know but it helped put things into perspective.

There was a slight complication with the next part of the journey, a new road around Norwich that the  SatNav didn’t know about! I managed though and reached Wroxham Barns (a touristy shopping centre) in time for lunch. From there it was a short drive to site where, after the few minutes it takes to set up, I had a beer.

Having met up with friends we made use of the visiting Fish and Chip van before spending the evening with a few drinks and a long chat. Nothing earth shattering, just a pleasant evening with good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment